CREATIVE GOODS is a dynamic full-service merchandising company based in NYC with a bold vision for the live entertainment space.
CREATIVE GOODS is a dynamic full-service merchandising company based in NYC with a bold vision for the live entertainment space. Our experienced team of industry professionals works to establish partnerships that are built on trust, allowing us to better serve clients through clear communication, a streamlined workflow and creative product that captures the imagination.
The CONTROLLER manages a team of 2 associates and works directly with the management team on day to day issues. They will report directly into the COO and CEO. They must have a strong background in accounting and be extremely organized and diligent.
- Oversee all financial operations and direct financial planning and structure for all entities
- Financial Reporting, Budgeting, & Forecasting
- Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly & Yearly Tax preparation: Sales & Federal Taxes
- G/L Entries & Reconciliations, Financial Review & Statements
- Accounts Payable and Receivable Management / Depreciation of Assets
- Business & Sales Tax Licensing
- Daily banking upkeep, wires, account maintenance, cash flow, check runs, deposits, reconciliations (weekly & monthly)
- Daily Cash Flow Analysis
- Payroll & Payroll Tax processing (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly)
-Payroll Reporting & Federal Audits
- Maintain human resource files in conjunction with Director of Operations including employee benefits, retirement plans, corporate insurance and related activities.
- Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision, 401K
- Confidential Payroll Information: Salary, Taxes, I9 Federal Compliance
- Unemployment Reporting
- Complete Annual Workers Comp Audit
- Ensure compliance with all State & Federal Laws
- Maintaining compliance with all laws of NY & States traveled within for Touring Productions
- Minimum of 3 years professional financial experience
- Accounting degree a benefit
- Hands on experience in accounting software – SAGE and QuickBooks
- Proficient in Office Systems
- Effective logistical planner, proactive problem solver, and communicator
- Passion for the theater, arts and culture scene a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be personable and professional with a natural ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines with a can-do attitude
Please submit a cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission through email only
Subject line should read: CG FINANCE CONTROLLER
Article source here:The Arts Journal